The last day of 2013 and how does one wrap up 365 days into one blog post? What did I do, where did I go and what did I accomplish with 8,760 hours?
I’ve been thinking about this post for a month, because I knew the end of the year was fast approaching , always wanting to see what has been accomplished. I believe God has worked in me the past 525,600 minutes…it isn’t what I’ve done, but His working in my by the Holy Spirit to love Him and His people more.
My life verse is 1 Corinthians 10:31, whatever I do I want to glorify God as a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I don’t make New Year’s resolutions, but I do make it my goal to love God and my neighbor as myself more than yesterday.
My favorite things from 2013
I love to read my Bible and drink coffee. One of my Christmas gifts was a prayer journal with a To Do list written by Kelsey. #1 was to make coffee, she knows me well. I drink it each morning as I read and meditate on God’s Word. I tried a new drink within the last few months I think I like as well as coffee but is a bit more pricier. Vanilla Chai Tea Latte. Yum. I spent a lot of time with family and friends in homes, cafes and over lunch chatting and…yes…drinking more coffee.
A local coffee shop I love to visit. Cafe Kubal
It was a great year of loving my family. Rob and I aren’t empty nesters yet, but Lauren is gone hanging out with friends a lot, so it seems it’s just us old folks holding down the fort. Justin lives and works local, we see him once a week or so for dinner. He works to fund his love of hunting anything that moves. Hannah and Kelsey still live in Albany which they have been doing for a couple of years, but 2013 seemed to be a transition of them truly becoming young adults not needing us so much…unless there is car trouble. I always wanted to be great friends with my children, it seems to be happening, for which I’m thankful. I was able to see my mom and sisters a couple of times this year…not enough though. I love my family and am thankful to God for His gifts.
I love to write. This blog is over five years old and is not read by the masses. I keep telling myself that is not my goal, to be widely read, but I have a message I want the world to know, so I will continue to write about how God interrupts and intersects my life every single day. I did hear some encouragement over the holidays regarding this blog, so I continue to plod along, not writing everyday, but when God bursts into the mundane, I will write. 2013 posts were fewer because of a couple of other writing projects in the fire.
I love to read, check out my Reading Registers in my category section. My favorites for 2013 were
- The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield, read twice this year
- Follow Me by David Platt, I’ve read this three times in the past couple of years
- Fierce Compassion-A biography of Abolitionist Donaldina Cameron by Kristin & Kathryn Wong, Donaldina abolished the slavery of young girls and women in the sex trade in the late 1800’s
- God in A Brothel by Daniel Walker
Since highschool I’ve been interested in social justice, beginning with the pro-life movement. This year God has pricked my heart for sex trafficking around the world, beginning to Blog for Rescue with The Exodus Road. I look forward to blogging more for them in the coming year.
I love to walk, which I did at our local park and the dreadmill. I don’t love the treadmill.
I love cooking, baking, saving money and keeping in touch with friends.
- Recipe Girl-recipes that are easy, tasty and uses ingredients found in my cupboard so I don’t have to make a special run to the grocery store, saving me gas money.
- The Kitchn– full of recipes, ideas and anecdotes
- Terri Groh– Terri is a fellow pastor’s wife who has been a good friend and inspiration this year. She just moved to the best place to live…central New York.
- Splashes of Serentity-I’ve known Elaine for many years, getting to know her better the past 8 or so years as she loves on the pastors wives of our district. She is an author and speaker for which I am privileged to pray for as she makes her way around the country speaking about the loves of her life…Jesus and how he can make a difference in your life and marriage.
- One Good Thing by Jillee-love this site, which I found this year for numerous DIY like whitening pillows, the bottom of a dishwasher and homemade spot remover, to name just few.
Top posts read by you this year
Rambling on Tuesday
How Does the Bible Transform Us?
Friendship Survey-Kimberly Wagner ignites women to glorify God. I love technology, most of the time. It has been a tool for Kimberly and I to become friends, although we’ve never met face to face.
I Choose You– a post about my favorite person…my husband.
So much more happened in 2013, but this post already has over 800 words. Enough rambling for the last day of 2013.