Another post from my archives as I am gone for the week.
I wore this t-shirt recently when I did my exercising at a local walking path. Forgetting I had it on I was met with some strange looks, wondering why are they looking at my shirt. It only took a couple of glances my way to remember what I was wearing. I need a daily reminder that
Do I make much of God as a
- in the workplace
- in my church and community
Not focusing on what Jody can do today, not doing things in my own strength. Not trusting in my to-do list of works righteousness, but in the righteousness of the blood of Jesus Christ. The price I was bought with was Jesus’ blood. There is nothing I can to do today to add anything to that price. It is because of God…rich in mercy…because of his GREAT love for me, when I was dead in my trespasses and sin, when I was his enemy, by the grace of God I am saved.
- Seeing the many interruptions of my planned out day as opportunities to practice patience and humility.
- Praising God for many inches of rain so I will have water to drink and food on my plate.
- Taking the time out of my busy schedule to listen to a friend without trying to put my “two cents worth” into the conversation.
- Not having the last word with my husband, again practicing gentleness, kindness, patience with my family when they rub me the wrong way.
- Not gossiping with my neighbor about my husband or children.
- Loving my neighbor as much as I love myself(my closest neighbor being my spouse or kids)