We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary. I will never forget that day for many reasons, but who gets married in early November in central Iowa? As I walked down the aisle ice pelted the windows, but by the time we were on our way as husband and wife, the roads weren’t too icy. Instead, as we made our way to the honeymoon capital, Des Moines, Iowa, our car overheated and we had to have our parents pick us up the following morning. Ohhhh the memories!!!!
This list is not exhaustive, but I’ve been married long enough to have learned by trial and error…and maybe some tears…on how to love my husband. I won’t elaborate on this list, but the foundation for my loving Rob is based on the Word of God. I”m happy to chat with anyone who would like some further explanation. Anyone for coffee or lunch?
- Respect him.
- Laugh at his jokes…even if you’re rolling your eyes on the inside! haha You can ask my husband, I may be guilty of that
- DO NOT gossip about him to your mom, your girlfriends, anyone.
- Listen well.
- Look out for his interests.
- Is he the first one you think about when there is something to share?
- Be patient and kind.
- Use your inside voice 🙂
- Make or buy his favorite foods.
- Love him in sickness and in health.
- Love him like he wants to be loved and not how you want to be loved. Trust me…it’s different.