These questions came in my email today, written by Donald Whitney. Questions that can be used at your Thanksgiving Table with family and friends or in my case answered in a blog post.
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? My favorite Thanksgiving food would have to be mashed potatoes/gravy and corn casserole.
- What’s the happiest Thanksgiving memory of your childhood? The happiest Thanksgiving memory of my childhood would have to be the savory smell of turkey roasting in the oven, mom peeling potatoes at the sink and dad coming in from his chores, making sure the cows were fed and their water wasn’t frozen.
- What do you enjoy the most about the Thanksgiving holiday? I enjoy puttering in the kitchen while the turkey roasts, the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade is on the tv, kids are sleeping in and the hubs is relaxing in his chair. All is right with the world and there is no place I’d rather be than home with family and friends enjoying food and laughter!!
- Who is the most consistently grateful person I know? The most consistently grateful person I know would have to my pastor, who is also my husband. I rarely hear him complain, he rarely has bad things to say about anything or anyone, and most of the time looks on the bright side of life.
- What’s the one book, article or blog post you are most thankful for this year? This is a tough one because I do a lot of reading. But the first thing that came to mind when I read this question was the book, The Invisible Girls: A Memoir, an inspiration to look beyond my three feet personal space to those outside my personal space.
- What’s the one experience you are most thankful for this year? Again, a tough question, because there is more than one..but the marriage of my daughter Hannah and the birth of my first grandchild were highlights of 2016. The events were monumental in and of themselves, but what I learned about myself in letting my children love and live their own lives was the lesson I am most thankful for. Growing up kids to let them go and live, laugh and love is the heartbeat of 2016.
- If you could thank one person today–near or far–living or dead–for their influence on your life, who would that one person be? This is a tough one, and one I need to think about. It’s almost 10:30 pm as I write this post, and my brain is tired, so I’ll save this answer for another day.
- Who’s one person you’ve never thanked for their contribution to your life, but would like to ? It isn’t one person, but four people. I want to thank Justin Gates, Hannah Fitzpatrick, Kelsey Gates and Lauren Gates for making me the person I am today. Not that I am anyone famous or important, but they made me the woman I am today. They are the patient with me and the most loving group of people I am privileged to call my children. They inspire and challenge me to be a better person every single day, and for that I am thankful.
- For what do you feel most grateful to God today? I am most grateful to God tody for living in the greatest country in the world. Grateful for freedom, grateful for many freedoms, grateful for the first refugees that made their way to a new land seeking freedom of their own. Grateful for freedom.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who take the time to read at Jody Lynne. I am thankful each day I wake up to live another day intentionally for my Lord, acting justly, loving mercy(kindness) and walking humbly with God.
Comments are closed, but I’d love to hear from you…email@example.com