This past week we celebrated 30 years of marriage. For reasons I cannot explain, number thirty was more significant than number twenty-five. We’ve known each other for 35 years, which seems like a long time, but in the words of a friend…
You should try 60+
In honor of 10957.3 days here are 30 things about us.
- We love Jesus!
- We love God’s Word.
- We love each other!!
- We became engaged over the phone!
- We hadn’t seen each other in over a year when we became engaged…but there was a lot of letter writing and phone calls…there were no cell phones then.
- We saw each other twice before we were married.
- The three girls who stood next to me during my wedding still stand by me today…yes, this one is about me.!!!
- Our reception was in the church basement with ham sandwiches, homemade mints and cake.
- We didn’t smash the cake in each other’s faces… I know, we’re boring!
- During our wedding an ice storm began.
- Our car broke down on the way to our exotic honeymoon.
- Our exotic honeymoon was in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Our parents had to pick us up from our exotic honeymoon.
- Husband lost the car keys, but I didn’t yell at him!
- Our first fight was about what the back of the car is called.
- I was sick on our honeymoon.
- A week into marriage we took a teenager to a college weekend nine hours away.
- Our second fight was about Bible Study.
- We wanted to be parents, so 16 months after we said ‘I do.’ we became Mom and Dad.
- Early in our marriage we spent time apart, sometimes a week at time, because of the Mister’s district responsibilities.
- We love Jesus!
- We love God’s Word!!
- We love to laugh…sometimes at each other.
- We love to sit on the couch(I sit on the couch, he reclines)after dinner watching the news, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.
- We LOVE our kids.
- We LOVE our moms!!
- We love to read.
- We LOVE our Church.
- One our favorite things to do together is go out to eat.
- We love Jesus.
You can read the rest of the story in my book, Confessions of a Farmer’s Daughter.