I took a Friendship survey yesterday. Since I have a hard time remembering sometimes how I answer questions I need to put my answers in a place I can find them, which is here, which means you will be reading this post, but it is more for me to look back on.
Yes, a journal would work, but then I have to dig through them. Friendship is very important to me, I love my friends and God has blessed me with many women who consider me their friend.
I have written on the subject, but forgot what category I put it under. See…I’m forgetful. Guess it’s time to make a friendship category. Here are my answers…you may be surprised by some of my answers and if you want clarification on why I answered the way I did I would love to chat with you about…friendship. I wrote my answers rather quickly…it was late,there were still some late night chores to do, and I wanted to finish before bed, so I just answered the questions like taking a test.
- What does a close friendship look like? A close friendship is two people who are interested in each other’s lives. it is two-sided.
- What are the main characteristics of a healthy friendship? Honesty, integrity, and transparency are very important characteristics of a healthy friendship. I can be “me” and not worry if my hair is all over the place, my makeup is still in the bag, or if the bathroom is clean if they come to the door un-announced.
- How many close friends do you have? God has blessed me with many close friends. Narrowing it down though to 4-5, like Jesus, he had an inner circle of three.
- How many friends can you depend on to ‘speak truth into your life’? I can depend on 2-3 to speak truth into my life
- What elements lead to a broken friendship? Lack of communication, one-sided communication, gossip, lying, gossip, not making time to spend time with each other, gossip.
- How important are your friendships? Many years ago girlfriends had taken the place of the Lord in my life. Friendship had become an idol and God in His infinite wisdom and care for me removed everyone I was close to by moving us away from family and friends. People had a hold on my heart, I had put people where Jesus was supposed to be, at the center of my life. I love people and having friends, but they are no longer first in my life.
- Do you struggle with loneliness? Yes, I have struggled with loneliness most of my adult life, not as much though in the past couple of years.
Is friendship important to you? How would you answer these questions? You can head over to Kimberly Wagner where she is discussing the topics of friendship and loneliness.
Would love to chat with you my friends on any topic!! Happy Thursday.