This post has been written
two three times. It could be the distractions of Mr. burgermiester miesterburger eating a turkey leg while I’m trying to write a post on love. I’ll let you tell me what show is on tv. Correct answer gets a prize…seriously. And my favorite pastor is singing along! This post is dedicated to my female readers!
What do you want for Christmas?
is a question we hear from the middle of October(sometimes earlier) until the stores close on Christmas Eve. I know it sounds so cliche´but I don’t want anything because I already feel like I’m the richest woman in New York because of love.
As I look back on 2012 and years past, God has given me more than I ever imagined. And in my imagination when we moved from the Midwest to the Northeast I thought I would die…I didn’t know a soul in New York, I had left best friends in Indiana and mom, dad and sisters in Iowa. I was alone. I’ve written about that in As The Parsonage Turns.
This year God has been teaching me about love. Convicting me when my love is not patient or kind. When the closets of my heart are full of criticism and unkind thoughts. Always pushing me back to His Word, the perfect Book on love. ( 1 John 4:10,11,20) God has put so much love in my heart (Psalm 4:7) my proverbial heart is bursting at the seams. Nothing has changed except God has drawn me closer to Himself as I’ve surrendered myself to Him everyday, trusting He knows best for everything I face. In return He has tatooed love on my heart for
- 4 children. I’m at a loss here…I have come to love these four more than I can put in words…imagine the love of God has for me…for you (1 John 3:1) (Matthew 23:37)
- my mom, whom I love dearly
- my sisters who have become best-friends
- lifelong friends(one from birth) who have become like sisters
- girlfriends from every church we have pastored who I am still in contact with by FB, texting, phone calls, emails, and cards
- Lafayette ladies whom I love so much
- Fellow pastors wives and friends in minstry
- and one more lady…my husband’s boss’ wife…first lady of our District,I want to be like her when I grow up!!
I don’t need a thing for Christmas…I already have everything I need…most of all I have the One who came as a Babe in a manger to be my Savior on the cross, buried in a tomb and resurrected sitting at the right Hand of my Heavenly Father.
God’s love tatooed on my heart. (John 15:9)