I struggle…am I the only one?
I want to go with Lori to Tanzania.
I want to go to the Nuba Moutains with Ann Curry.
I want to hop in the car and drive to the midwest where Samaritan’s Purse is responding to tornado victims.
I want to say with Francis Chan
Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy. Something is wrong when our lives make sense to the man on the street.
The love of Jesus compels me to help, because Jesus has given me his heart for his people. I want to go, go, go…
Instead I’m here in central NY praying for the Za-Za Dimli , an unreached people group of Turkey where the gospel has been heard. Praying for Lori as she prepares to go across the ocean, for SP as they reach out to my fellow midwesterners and praying for the people of Sudan hiding in the caves of the Nuba Mountains. I may not be able to GO yet…
but I can pray and believe God’s Word
However, each one must live his life in the situation the Lord assigned when God called him. 1 Corinthians 7:17
Today’s assignment is to surrender my life to the Lord and make God famous in what I do today.
- Helping my husband, asking him what I can do for him today.
- Helping my friends by caring for their 3 year old.
- Praying for friends facing cancer diagnosis/treatment.
- Praying for my children.
- Keeping my home friendly and inviting.
- Staying close to the Lord through reading and meditating on His Word.
- Taking care of the depth of the ministry God has given me here at home in my Jerusalem and Judea. 1 Corinthians 3:12-14; 4:1-2
Nevermind, there’s no struggle.