Living and God’s Word go together, can’t have one without the other. v. 17
When I don’t desire God or His Word I can pray…
Gracious God, open my eyes that I may contemplate your Wonderful Words. (v.18)
- Do I live like a stranger on this earth?
- Do I live like a pilgrim? like a wanderer or traveller to a foreign place? (Dictionary.com)
- Or am I holding on tight to the things of this earth? (v.19)
- Do I have an intense desire and affection for God’s Word? (v. 20) cf. Psalm 42:1-2
- Is the Word of God the first place I turn to when needing counsel? or do I run to my best friend, spouse, co-worker before even thinking of God’s truth? (v. 24)
I have a cassette tape playing in my brain that won’t stop…saying why don’t I take God’s Word literally? And why when I know God’s Word is sufficient for all I need for life and godliness I get counsel everywhere else first? Why do I pick up the phone, or send an email or text my husband before I go to God? I say I believe, I write I believe, I proclaim His Name to others…
so why don’t I go to God’s Word first?
The bottom line for me has to be 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
For when I am weak, then I am strong!
Merciful Heavenly Father, may your decrees be my delight and counselor. Lord I desire that my entire life be devoted to You and Your Glory. Help me be a woman of Your Book as I pilgrim on this earth walking toward my heavenly home.