At 6:29 AM spring made it’s entrance once again. Here in the northeast we enjoy the changing of seasons. I wish one particular season was shorter than some of the others, but I choose to plop my spring purse in the snow bank and not grumble that we still have a couple of feet of snow on the ground. Instead of grumbling I’m looking for ways to celebrate a new season.
Five Ways to Celebrate–even if there is still snow on the ground
- Give Thanks –be intentional everyday to be thankful. I try to list at least three things everyday I am thankful for.
- Don’t grumble–it’s not very pretty
- Wherever you live, even here in the northeast, it’s possible to get outside and take a walk, run an errand to pick up spring decorations or have coffee with a friend or someone who needs a friend. Getting away from the four walls of your home, office or class room will change your outlook.
- Plan for warm weather–I’m thinking about starting a small herb garden on my deck.
- Practice hospitality–invite someone in or go take someone out who lives on the fringe of your life. Looking outside ourselves to those who might need help celebrating a new season will improve your own celebration.