- I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expecteded me to live~~this one being the most common.
- I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
- I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish I had let myself be happier.
I finished reading The Top Five Regrets of the Dying. Written by Bronnie Ware it is her memoir of a Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing. Looking for a job with meaning and no formal training or experience in anything, she found herself taking care of the dying. She sat by the bedside of those who did not have much time left on this earth. Providing care, compassion and love for those who were able to be at home and also a few in nursing homes. The five regrets