"...my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is from God. I am not my own, for I was bought with a price, so glorify God in my body."
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
I am still working on what I would say if someone at the park asked me what this means.
It begins with two of my life verses:
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Am I making much of God in every aspect of my life? Do I make much of God as a
- in the workplace
- in my church and community
How do I make much of God today?
- Seeing the many interruptions of my planned out day as opportunities to practice patience and humility.
- Praising God for many inches of rain so I will have water to drink and food on my plate.
- Taking the time out of my busy schedule to listen to a friend without trying to put my "two cents worth" into the conversation.
- Not having the last word with my husband, again practicing gentleness, kindness, patience with my family when they rub me the wrong way.
- Not gossiping with my neighbor about my husband or children.
- Loving my neighbor as much as I love myself(my closest neighbor being my spouse or kids)
Minute by minute CHOICES to make much of God in every aspect of my life.
How do you make much of God?