In Luke 5:1-16, a leper is healed by Jesus. Sounds like Jesus had a busy day as verse 15 says"...pray without ceasing." A few questions came to mind as I studied the Luke passage...
"great crowds gathered to hear him and to be healed of their infirmities."But verse 16 tells from where he draws his strength to go on for another day,
"But he would withdraw to desolate places to pray."Cross references indicate this was a continual practice for Jesus. With increasing numbers in the crowd that followed him and the demands on his time, even our Savior found he needed to spend considerable times in prayer. This reminded me of 1 Thessalonians 5:17;
- Am I in an attitude of prayer throughout my day?
- Is my day marked by ongoing fellowship with God?
- Am I aware of being in God's presence throughout the day?
- What keeps me from spending time in God's presence on a regular basis?
- teach me the meaning of His statutes,
- fill me with Spirit so I will always keep them
- help me understand His instruction
- help me love His law with all my heart,
- help me take pleasure in the path God has set before me.
- help me to stay on the path He has set me on.