I heard this question on the radio this week:
When you get to heaven what will be your answer when God asks you why you did not read the letter He sent you?
Great question and food for thought. God has already given me all I need for life and godliness, His Word which tells me all I need to know about my heavenly Father.
Re-post from a year ago...
Everyday...except on those very rare days where I stay in pajamas all day...I get dressed. I deliberately walk to the dresser and closet, pulling out what I will wear for the day. Every morning I take off the clothes I wore to bed and clothe myself with shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, dresses...mind you not all in one day though. Recently I was reading Colossians three. Over the past few years I have read and studied it, coming back to it on a regular basis. Last week I did a quick run through Chapter 3 making these notes to myself:
- Seek things above, not things on the earth...what are things above?(v.1)
- Set your mind on things above...how do I set my mind?(v.2)
- Have I died, hiding my life in Christ? How do I hide my life in Christ? (v.3)
- Is Christ my life or is there something else that has my heart?(v.4)
- Put to death; put away(take off those dirty clothes) anger, wrath, malice, slander obscene talk, lying(v.5-8)
- Get dressed you who are God's people, with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience(v. 12)
- Above all, finish your outfit for the day with love(v. 14)
- Let the peace of Christ rule in you(v. 15)
- Let the word of Christ dwell in your richly, to be at home in your heart, mind and soul (v. 16)
- Do all to the glory of God (v. 17)
What favored beings are those to whom the Eternal God has written a letter in his own hand and style. -C. H. Sprugeon