When you get to heaven what will be your answer when God asks you why you did not read the letter He sent you?
Recently I was reading Colossians three. Over the past few years I have read and studied it, coming back to it on a regular basis. Last week I did a quick run through Chapter 3 making these notes to myself:
- Seek things above, not things on the earth…what are things above?(v.1)
- Set your mind on things above…how do I set my mind?(v.2)
- Have I died, hiding my life in Christ? How do I hide my life in Christ? (v.3)
- Is Christ my life or is there something else that has my heart?(v.4)
- Put to death; put away(take off those dirty clothes) anger, wrath, malice, slander obscene talk, lying(v.5-8)
- Get dressed you who are God’s people, with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness and patience(v. 12)
- Above all, finish your outfit for the day with love(v. 14)
- Let the peace of Christ rule in you(v. 15)
- Let the word of Christ dwell in your richly, to be at home in your heart, mind and soul (v. 16)
- Do all to the glory of God (v. 17)
May we all dress our hearts, mind and soul everyday with the Word of God.
What favored beings are those to whom the Eternal God has written a letter in his own hand and style. -C. H. Sprugeon