Our move to central New York is where I left off
a month ago in the saga of As The Parsonage Turns
, the story of a pastor and his wife.
Almost ten years and counting as I continue loving God and others in the place God has called me. These years have been priceless as God has taught me more about Himself, at times not a willing student, but drawing me close to Himself through Jesus Christ. I have learned
- Contentment wherever God leads. Just found out there are 145 verses in the Bible referring to contentment including Philippians 4:11-2. Learning contentment has been a life long process as I never thought I would live very far from extended family. I wanted to live next door to parents so our children could live close to their grandparents. But God had other plans and today I can say I'm thankful for His plan, His ways are better than mine. Proverbs 1:7
- How to better grieve with those who grieve as Rob's dad passed into eternity shortly after we moved here and my Dad did the same in 2008. 1 Corinthians 1:3-12
- How to trust God unreservedly as children have grown up and left the nest with one left trying her wings.
- I have learned to loosen my grip and not put my husband and children at the center of the world and leaving Jesus in the margins. Matthew 10:37
- How to pray without ceasing, knowing and trusting God always knows best. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- How to better love and support my husband/pastor. For too many years he has dealt with chronic pain which is his story, but it has become my story too as we have navigated what has become a part of our marriage. Chronic pain and health issues can do a number on any marriage, but I am thankful for a God who hears and sees(Nahum 1:7) and has carried us through difficult times bringing closer than ever...I think he would agree. Rob recently began his own blog, Staff of the Shepherd.
The story continues in the parsonage where I make it my goal to love God, my family and my neighbor as myself.